Wednesday, February 15, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET #21

Ro 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

Jer 23:6 ....THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.


"None" is a sweeping word. There is none righteous in the eyes of God. But to emphasize the point further, he adds: "no, not one." In other words, there is ABSOLUTELY no one who is righteous in God's eyes.

"None"

"Nada"
"Zilch"
"Nil"
"Zero"
"What part of 'none' and 'no not one' do you not understand?!"

A truly righteous person is a person who does the right thing, in the right manner, in a right place with a right motive, to the right person, at the right time all the time, for God's glory...and none of us can do that.


God is a perfect God and so He demands nothing less than perfection. He demands perfect righteousness from us. No one can enter His blessed presence without it. Now that's a big, huge, colossal problem. But that problem is solved when I see Christ offering His perfect righteousness to us.


And so I am accepted by God not because of my own righteousness (I really have none). God accepts me because of Christ my righteousness.