Monday, February 20, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET # 49

La 1:12 "Is it nothing to you, all you who pass by? Behold and see If there is any sorrow like my sorrow, Which has been brought on me, Which the LORD has inflicted In the day of His fierce anger.

Though these words strictly and primarily belong to Jerusalem during the time when God chastened and punished her for her sins. These words can also be spiritually applied in principle to the Lord Jesus, when He hung there on the Cross for ...our sins:

"Is it nothing to you, all you who pass by? Behold and see If there is any sorrow like my sorrow, Which has been brought on me, Which the LORD has inflicted In the day of His fierce anger."

Mt 27:38 Then two robbers were crucified with Him, one on the right and another on the left. 39 And those who passed by blasphemed Him, wagging their heads 40 and saying, "You who destroy the temple and build it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross."

The sufferings and death of Christ in Calvary, is it nothing to you? Does it not break your heart in repentance and faith? Can you imagine the incomparable sorrow He experienced for you and me when He said: "My God, My God, Why have you forsaken Me?" Is it nothing to you? Can you pass by the Cross of Calvary in cold indifference and unbelief?