Tuesday, February 28, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET # 65

1Co 11:24 ..."Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."

25 ..."This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

Notice the expression: "in remembrance of Me." It is repeated twice for emphasis because that is the point of the Lord's Supper. It is a look-back, a picture of the Person of Christ and what He did on the cross.

My trust for the forgiveness of my sins rest not on the picture but on the real and actual person represented by the picture--Jesus Christ.

Do you feel that your sins are forgiven after you partake of the bread and the wine during the Lord's Supper celebration? If yes, then it is a sure tell-tale sign that your trust and reliance for the forgiveness of your sins is in the picture and not in the person of Christ.

Even without the picture (the bread and the wine) a sinner can still be forgiven of his sins because it is the Person and not the picture that saves. Pictures stir our memory. Saving power rest on the person who has died and has resurrected and is alive now ready to save.

I celebrate the Lord's Supper in order to remember what He did for me. But my trust for the salvation and forgiveness of all my sins is in the Lord Jesus Christ who died for me 2000 years ago. Whose actual death took care of my sins past, present and future.