Friday, February 17, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET # 40

Ex 12:13 '... And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.'

God was about to judge the land of Egypt. But before that, He gave instructions to Moses for Israel.

They were to slay a lamb, apply its blood on their doorposts and God's judgment would pass them by: "...when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you..."

 This is nothing less than a picture of the salvation of the Lord Jesus Christ---the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! We are all sinners and because of that we are all in danger of God's judgment. But anyone who has the blood of the Lamb applied in their hearts by faith is safe from God's wrath.

 Notice God did not say:
a) "When I see your good works..."
b) "When I see your good character..."
c) When I see how religious you had been..."
No, none of that. It says: "When I see the blood, I will pass over you."