Tuesday, February 28, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET # 64

1Co 15:3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again...

We have here the content of the Gospel or the Good News: "Christ died for our sins and rose again from the dead."

The bad news? "Our sins"

The good news? "Christ died for our sins"

Did God accept it? Yes! Christ was raised from the dead. If God did not accept Christ's death for our sins, if He was not satisfied with it, He would not allow Christ to be resurrected from the dead. Christ's resurrection is God's receipt signifying that God has accepted Christ's payment for our sins.

It was a provisional payment, provided for all but only effectually applied to anyone who trust in Christ and His work on the cross.

The Gospel is of first importance, Paul says in verse 3: "For I delivered to you FIRST OF ALL..."

"First of all" just means of first importance. All in God's Word are important, they would not be written down if they are not. But the Gospel is of PRIMARY importance. First things first, before you deal with the spiritual things of God in His Word, you MUST make sure that you have received the salvation that the Gospel offers.

On this Good News of a message, on this truth, I hang my eternal destiny. If this message is false, I will go to hell for there is no other way of salvation. But I know this is the truth, and I have committed the salvation of my soul to it. It is God's truth and God will never ever lie.

I hid this truth in my heart. And when I die and face God, I will pull it out and say to God: "I am a sinner, I don't deserve to be with You for eternity, but here Christ died for my sins and He has satisfied You, because of Him, I can be with you forever."