Wednesday, February 22, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET # 54

Joh 6:67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?"

Joh 6:68 But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

I did not come to Christ primarily for material and earthly benefits. I came to Him because of the promise of eternal life. So whatever happens to me, be it hardships, pain, ill-health, failure and misery, my feet are stayed on Christ and in Christ I will always be.

Christ came to fill my greatest need---life. If death means separation, life basically means union. What I need is eternal life---eternal union with God, the source of all life.

And Christ is the "super-glue" that sticks me to God. And so I will not depart away from Christ, I will stick around for dear life.