Wednesday, February 15, 2012

GOSPEL LIGHT #9

2Co 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
When I as a sinner trusted in Christ for salvation a grand exchange took place. Just as God treated Christ as a sinner because of me, I am now treated by God as righteous because of Christ.

Many people know that Christ bore all our sins in His body on the cross, when He died. What many people do not know is that just as all my sins were imputed to Him, so God imputed Christ's righteousness to me. That in God's eyes, I am viewed as righteous even though I am still in an imperfect condition.

In God's eyes, I am righteous because of Christ, not because of me. He accepts me as righteous not because of what I did, but because of what Christ has done .