Sunday, February 19, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET # 47


2Co 11:2 ...I married you to one husband...to Christ.

Eph 1:3 ...God...who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ
The Church's relationship to Christ can be likened to that of a marriage relationship. Here read about the Church's story about how she came to possess every spiritual blessing:
Let me tell you about the day when I became one of the richest persons in the universe. I was a poor miserable sinner, living in a desolate place called the world, with nothing to offer God but filthy rags.

Heavy in debt and in misery, I could not do anything but flee. A heavenly Gentleman went and sought me, He loved me so much that He died for me. He came with the Spirit who told me: "Will you marry this Man, to be your Savior, for all eternity?"

"I will", I replied in glee. He then told me: "Now you are mine and you will always be."

I am a poor sinner married to the richest person in the universe. What He has is mine. And His Father, who is now my Father has blessed me with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.