Thursday, March 8, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET # 84

1Jo 1:7 ...the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

An old man lay in his bed dying. He was paralyzed from the neck down. Thank God, for the first time in his life he became convicted of his sin.

So he called up his grandson and asked him to read the Bible for him. It so happened that the young boy opened the Bible in this portion of God's Word and read this verse: "The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."

He could not believe what he heard. He asked the young boy: "What was it again?"

The young boy said: "The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."

He still could not believe what he heard so he asked: "Are you sure it is there?"

The young boy said: "Yes, it is here. The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."

He closed his eyes and said: "That will do. That is enough." He continued: "Sonny, I have committed so many sins in my life. I could not recall back the time and reverse the whole thing. I am an old man. I am dying. I could not do mighty deeds and great exploits for God. It is too late.

I rest my hope for the forgiveness of my sins on the truth of that verse. When I reach the other side I will say to God: "Lord I am a sinner, all I did was sin against You. I don't deserve to enter heaven. But the blood of Jesus Christ Your Son cleanses me from all sin and I am resting all my hope on what He did."