Thursday, March 1, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET # 70

HEB 10:12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time...

Christ made a once for all time sacrifice for sins. On the cross, He made an eternally sufficient atonement for the sins of sinners. In other words, Christ died for past, present and future sins. His death on the cross was not only necessary for man's salvation. It was also enough for all time.

"This was the idea that came to me when I first came to know the salvation of Christ. I was driving my car and I was convicted of my sin. I was so downcast because I was so painfully aware of my helplessness and hopelessness in myself to be righteous in the eyes of God. In my own strength and efforts, I tried to be perfectly righteous in God's eyes, but I just could not. I was helpless and unable to do it.

Then an idea came to me out from the Bible (this verse) that Christ died for my sins PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE.

I thought, if Christ, died for my sins past, present and future then that means in God's eyes all my sins are atoned. And if all my sins are atoned, then in God's eyes I am now perfectly righteous not because of my own efforts but simply because of what Christ did on the cross! Positionally, He could not see any sin in me.

Isaiah wrote "...My righteous Servant shall justify (declare righteous) many, For He shall bear their iniquities." (Isaiah 53:11)

True in myself, in my own condition at the moment, I am not perfectly righteous. But positionally, in God's eyes, I am because of what Christ did once for all time."

---A man in Christ