Friday, March 2, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET # 74

Eze 7:8 Now upon you I will soon pour out My fury, And spend My anger upon you; I will judge you according to your ways, And I will repay you for all your abominations.

9 'My eye will not spare, Nor will I have pity; I will repay you according to your ways, And your abominations will be in your midst. Then you shall know that I am the LORD who strikes.


God is a God of love. But He is also a God of wrath. His wrath is the result of His love outraged and provoked by sin. His love is a holy kind of love. A love that does not rejoice in iniquity.


Somebody might say: "You are scaring me with these verses!"


YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT! Repentance is taking God seriously, including His wrath. The problem with us today is that we do not take His wrath seriously that we do not do something radical about it.


Repentance begins here BUT IT DOES NOT END HERE. Ultimately, it matures into taking God seriously because He is God nothing more, nothing less and nothing else. Even without the threat of hell, genuine repentance will take God seriously. It will develop into hating and departing from sin because God is a Holy God. It will result in reverential fear towards God because God is God.


The Christian life is not the absence of fear, it is a life fearing the right things and the right person.


But you don't have to experience God's just and holy wrath. Somebody took all God's wrath for us sinners. He took it all and so now you are answerable to Him. If you will not change your attitude about Him, if you will not trust Him as your Savior, He who took God's wrath for you, will be the same person who will unleash His own wrath against you.