Monday, January 13, 2014

GOSPEL NUGGET #309

Saved By Faith Alone And Not By Works By An Ergonomic Chair

Sitting in front of my computer is an ergonomic chair. It has saved me from falling one too many times.

"Come, rely and entrust yourself wholly to me and I will save you from falling," it seems to say to me everyday.

Being totally confident, I always find myself giving my whole body totally to it, day after day after day. I would just sit on it and let go of my whole weight leaving the business of holding myself up completely to my chair.

I never worry. I never tried helping it carry me like lifting myself up somehow by straining my legs like we do when we sit on air. I never exert any effort at all believe you me! I just simply let the chair do all the saving, or carrying for me! And it has never failed me.

If the Lord Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross were a chair, would you be willing to entrust yourself to Him, leaving the whole business of saving yourself from an eternal fall to Him?

Ac 16:30 And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
31 So they said, "Believe (trust and rely or shall we say SIT) on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved...