Tuesday, January 7, 2014

GOSPEL NUGGET 302

If The Lord Jesus Christ Were A Parachute, A Zip line Harness Or A Bridge

If Christ Jesus were a parachute, I would wholeheartedly jump out of the plane feeling completely safe with Him supporting me on top. The very moment I stepped off the plane, I could not do anything at all to save myself. At that moment, my salvation all depends on my parachute.

If Christ Jesus were a zip line harness, I would wholeheartedly strap myself to Him feeling completely safe with Him supporting me all the way. The very moment I stepped off from one point of elevation towards the next, I practically, at that point, committed all my safety to the reliability of my harness. I would relax and be at ease, knowing that my harness will carry me safely to the end.

If Christ Jesus were a bridge, I would wholeheartedly travel on top of Him feeling completely safe towards the other end. On top of the bridge, my safety now all depends on its strength. I could not do anything to help strengthen it one more bit. I just content myself with it and whistle all the way through. I know it will not collapse.

I am so confident that what Christ Jesus did on the cross would save me completely and eternally to a point that I will not do anything to save myself. I leave it all to Him.

There are many people who fight with the idea that salvation is solely by faith in Christ alone, by relying on Him alone and not by works. They seem to forget the fact that they do it in other areas of their lives.

When they jump off the plane with a parachute, when they glide with a zipline harness, when they travel on top of a bridge, they all attest to this very fact. All these activities involve faith alone or reliance alone in their "saviors." They never bother helping the parachute, the harness or the bridge. They just breeze through with these equipments feeling completely safe, totally abandoning their salvation to these things.

Is God's "Parachute,
" "Harness" and "Bridge" less reliable?