Tuesday, October 16, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET #187

Ps 40:2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps.

King David is the speaker here in this verse. David's physical deliverance is a picture of spiritual salvation. Notice three things here: 

I. MY HELPLESS CONDITION BY NATURE: I was in "a horrible pit" and in "the miry clay". 

II. HIS SALVATION BY GRACE: "He"..."brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay" 

III. MY SPIRITUAL POSITION BY REDEMPTION: He "set my feet upon a rock and established my steps".

I now have a new stable standing in Christ, who is the rock of my salvation. Spiritually, I was in a horrible pit and a miry clay. I could never pull myself out. But Christ came and delivered and then set me on an immovable rock, a stable foundation that shall not be moved. He has made me safe and secure. 

And what He did to me He can do for you. Trust in Him, who alone can deliver you from the pit.