Wednesday, October 3, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET #183

Mt 27:22 Pilate said to them, "What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?" They all said to him, "Let Him be crucified!"

Zero in on that pointed question "What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?" and make it personal: "What then shall I (state your name) do with Jesus who is called Christ?"

This is a question that every sinner will answer for himself. To relegate the consideration of this question to a later time is to reject Him. It's now or reject Him for another convenient time. Jesus who is called Christ, who died for the sins of sinners and rose again from the dead. "What shall I do with Him?" 

Am I going to ignore Him? Am I going to reject Him? Or am I going to put all my trust and confidence in Him and what He did on the cross for my salvation? Should I let Him be my Savior 100%? 

Should I put my whole trust and reliance in Him for my complete and eternal salvation? Should I trust in Him alone or should I trust in Him + my good works, religious achievements and my good moral character for the salvation of my soul?