Sunday, May 11, 2014

GOSPEL NUGGET #344

The World's Most Successful Lawyer

Sir Lionel Luckhoo is considered as one of the greatest lawyers in the history of Britain. With a string of 245 consecutive successful cases, knighted by Queen Elizabeth II twice, it is enough for the the Guinness Book of World Records to dub him as the "World's Most Successful Advocate."

Mr. Luckhoo was a skpetic to the claims of Christ at the beginning. Somebody challenged him to bring to bear his abilities, his legal genius, on the claims of Christ as recorded in the Gospel records of the New Testament.

Accepting the challenge, he sat down and began the work of examining the Gospel records. At the end, he came out a believer in Christ, a sinner who pinned his soul's salvation to Christ and what He did on the cross. The force of the evidence was too compelling. He had to say:

"I say unequivocally the evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compels acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no room for doubt."

My friend, have you read the "affidavits" of the eyewitnesses of Jesus' resurrection? Have you read and studied the Gospel records for yourself? Have you taken the time to do so?

I have. I was once a skeptic too. But the evidence was too rock-solid. I had to place my trust for my soul's salvation in the Man who rose from the dead.