Monday, May 5, 2014

GOSPEL NUGGET #342

Confucius, Buddha, Mohammad And Christ 

A man once dreamed of having fallen into a deep pit and was down there helpless, in despair and was knocked unconscious. 

* Confucius came and offered him an advice: "If you get out of trouble, be sure never to get in again. Learn from your mistakes." 

* Buddha came and said: "I will help you if you can climb high enough to a state of Nirvana."

* Mohammad came and asked: "Have you been good? Did you do all those things I prescribed? The five spiritual exercises I told you to do?"

* Christ came and saw his helpless condition, He slipped himself down to him, revived him and offered His strong hand and said: " I placed my life on the line for you. Look at the scars on my hands just to get to you. Come and Trust me. I can get you out of this." The man took His hand and was pulled out saved.

A sinner is helpless and hopeless in himself to save himself. He is not saved by philosophy, self-effort and good works. What he needs is a strong and capable Savior who can deliver him out from the pit of sin's condemnation, control and company.