Thursday, March 14, 2013

GOSPEL NUGGET #236

Dr. Law and Dr. Grace

Let me tell you a story from evangelist Lester Roloff. 
A sick and dying man went to Dr. Law to have himself checked. The diagnosis was not good. Dr. Law told him that he was a terminally ill man and that he was going to die.

"I am going to recommend you to a good doctor who can cure you", offered Dr. Law. 

"No thanks! I am going to another doctor who will tell me what I want to hear." angrily, the man replied. 

And so off he went and came to Dr. Religion. "Well, all you have to do is go to church regularly, have yourself baptized and do a lot of good works and you will be fine." prescribed Dr. Religion.

After paying 500 pesos, he went home and followed Dr. Religion's prescription. But after 6 months, he was no better. In fact, he got worse. The symptoms were gone but inside he could feel that he was not getting any better. 

After trying all other doctors and spending lots of money, the man was sick as ever. And so he went back to Dr. Law: "Dr. Law, I am all yours. I want you to cure me." the man said. But to his surprise Dr. Law replied: "Nope, I cannot cure you. But I know of one who can. I am going to take you to Dr. Grace."

And so Dr. Law led him to Dr. Grace's clinic. As Dr. Law was leaving, the man asked: "Where are you going Dr. Law? Are you not going to help Dr. Grace?" Dr. Law replied: "Nope, Dr. Grace can do it alone." 

Dr. Grace did a major surgery on him and he was cured. Fishing for his wallet, he asked: "How much do I owe you Dr. Grace?" Dr. Grace replied: "It is all for free. It's all been paid by a man named Jesus."