Tuesday, March 5, 2013

GOSPEL NUGGET #232

Isa 53:10 ...You make His soul an offering for sin... 

Isaiah 53 is a prophecy about the substitutionary death of the Lord Jesus Christ. In order for sin to be atoned, a sacrifice must be offered. No sacrifice that man can offer for his sin will satisfy God. 

The only sacrifice that will do is the one offered by God Himself at the cross of Calvary---the death of His own dear Son. Here am I a guilty sinner lost and bound for judgment. Nothing from me can atone for my sins. I need an acceptable sacrifice and offering.

Then I looked at Calvary where the Son of God was made an offering for sin. It was enough, sufficient and adequate to answer all my sins against God. Standing by the cross in faith, I say to God: 

"Here is my sacrifice. I have nothing to give for my sins, but here is the offering that You Yourself have given for sinners like me. I am standing by it, counting on it and depending on it alone to atone for all of my sins." 

Do you think God will refuse the sacrifice that He Himself has given for sinners? Absolutely not! Trust in what the Savior did. His sacrifice is the only offering that can deal with your sins.