Tuesday, December 4, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET #204

A Religious Man And A Christian Contrasted

The Religious Man says: "I am a good person compared to others. I go to church regularly. I offer money to the church and I give money to the poor. I read my Bible every now and then. I also prayed a prayer of salvation. My good works outweigh my bad ones, I try to keep the 10 Commandments as well." 

The religious man's foundation of salvation is in his own good efforts and religious acts. Notice, that his salvation is founded on SELF, what self did and what self did not do.

He prayed the prayer of salvation alright but his trust is in it, and not on the Savior. Many people who prayed the prayer are trusting in the prayer they made to the Savior instead of trusting the Savior through that prayer. 

The Saved Man says: "I know that I am a sinner worthy of judgment. I am helpless and powerless in myself to save myself, and so that is why I am depending on Christ. I am relying on what He did on the cross for my salvation. I am trusting in Him alone for salvation. I have entrusted the salvation of my soul to Him.

The saved man's foundation of salvation is on what Christ did. His salvation is founded not on self but on the SAVIOR.