Saturday, June 30, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET #134


Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

When God created Man, he enjoyed fellowship with God but when Man fell into sin three things happened to him: a) He became separated from God and became spiritually lost b) He became spiritually blind and ignorant and c) He became spiritually dead.

Lost, blind and dead are the three major things that we can say about man when he fell into sin. Three of the most important questions that a man should ask is this:

1. I am spiritually lost. Where do I go?
2. I am spiritually blind and ignorant. How can I know?
3. I am spiritually dead. How can I have life?

And all these three questions are answered by this verse here.

*I am spiritually lost and separated from God. Where do I go? How can I be reconciled to God? And Jesus says: “I am the Way.”

*I am spiritually blind and ignorant about God and the way back to Him. How can I know? And Jesus says: “I am the Truth.”

I am spiritually dead. How can I have life and enjoy fellowship with God? And Jesus says: “I am the Life.”

I am so confused. There are so many ways that claim to be God’s. And Jesus says: “No one comes to the Father except by Me.”