Monday, June 18, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET #129

Misconceptions About Salvation

#3 "It does not matter what or who you believe, so long as you are sincere in your belief, you will go to heaven." 

The cause of this misconception is the failure to realize that one could be sincere and be sincerely right but one could also be sincere and be sincerely wrong.

Sincerity is no substitute for truth. Hell will be filled with sincere people. A man high on drugs on top of a building is sincere that he is superman, that he could fly. He says: "I believe I'm a fly. I believe I could touch the sky. I dream about it every night and day, spread my wings and fly away. I believe I'm a fly."

He is sincere but sincerely wrong.

Would you have yourself operated on by a doctor who is sincere but has no knowledge at all about surgery?  


Ro 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved.
2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God (sincere!), but not according to knowledge (sincerely wrong!)
Ro 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.

Satan has no problem with you being sincere so long as you remain blind to the truth. In fact this formula----sincerity minus truth or sincerity plus half truth is the perfect deception. The sincere person would think that he is okay with God when the reality is, he is not.The truth is: Christ Jesus is the only Savior in the world. And to be saved you must put your trust only in Him.