Friday, June 24, 2016

GOSPEL NUGGET #470

The Obedience Of One The Blessing Of Many

Ge 26:3 "Dwell in this land, and I will be with you and bless you; for to you and your descendants I give all these lands, and I will perform the oath which I swore to Abraham your father.
4 "And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed;
5 "because Abraham obeyed My voice...


We have before us a story of the obedience of one which resulted in the blessing of many. It was Abraham's obedience and yet the blessing was shared by many. Applying this to the Lord Jesus and His salvation, it was the Lord Jesus who obeyed God to the point of death, yes, even the death of the cross. And yet, it resulted in the salvation of many sinners.

Phil 2:8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

RO 5:19 For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

My friend, don't rely in what you do for salvation. Rather, rely on the saving obedience that the Lord Jesus did for you at the cross. His obedience was for your blessing, and you can have it if you put your trust in Him and what He did on the cross alone for your salvation.