Wednesday, April 30, 2014

GOSPEL NUGGET #339

"Can I be saved?" a lady came to a minister and asked.

"Yes, you can be saved" the minister replied.

She replied: "I don't believe I can be saved. I am a prostitute and a drug addict. I can't save myself."

She did not know that she was right where God wanted her to realize. All in heaven must have joined in chorus saying: "Yeah, you got that right!"

The minister answered: "Yes, you can't, but Somebody else can, Jesus."

And he told her the good news of what the Lord Jesus did on the cross for people who are down and out like her. She trusted in the Savior and His work of redemption...and she got saved...not by her, because she can't, but by Jesus.

My friend, away with the idea that we each save ourselves individually. Each one of us must look to the Savior for salvation. The Bible says that a sinner is saved "by grace...through faith (in the Savior), and that NOT OF YOURSELVES..." Eph. 2:8

The Lord Jesus did not just die for the lady in the story, who was a prostitute and a drug addict, He also died for you and me. He did that because we cannot save ourselves.

Come to Christ!