Wednesday, October 4, 2023

GOSPEL LIGHT #719

The Idolatry of Salvation By Works  

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD, and besides Me there is no savior.

There is no other God. In order to emphasize this, God had to say: "I, even I, am the LORD."
As such, He alone is the Savior. Here, God holds Himself up as the only object of faith. 

We ought to look for salvation only in God. Sadly, many are trusting in their good works for salvation. They have made it their savior, when, the Lord, yes, even the Lord, alone is the savior. Trusting one's good works for salvation is elevating one's good works to the Lord's level. It is the same as trusting in an idol for salvation. It's idolatry.

Worse, it's holding ourselves up as God!

My friend, honor God. Acknowledge and recognize Him as Lord and Savior, trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ alone for salvation.