Monday, March 3, 2014

GOSPEL NUGGET #324

Isa 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool.

Re 7:14 And I said to him, "Sir, you know." So he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Many are brought to despair over their sins. They say: "Can my sins be removed? Can it be taken away? Can I really be forgiven? I feel that I have stained myself permanently."

Many feel that their sins are so inseparably attached to them, they feel like a cloth doubled-dyed with a scarlet and red hue, no matter how they wash it clean, the stain remains and the color never fades.

No man-made religious detergent can bleach our sins away. Not our good works, not our good character, not our benevolence. Sin's stain is so deep-seated that only the precious blood of the Son of God can wash it away.

Come to Christ in faith. Trust what He did on the cross for cleasing. It's the only fountain that can wash and cleanse you from the stain of sin.

It's because of what He did on the cross that "though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

---From a famous hymn