Sunday, May 26, 2013

GOSPEL NUGGET # 251

Where Are You?

Ge 3:9 Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?"

After Adam and Eve disobeyed God, the couple went and hid themselves from God. Then God visited them with His special presence and asked the poignant and pointed question to man: "Where are you?"

God was not saying: "Where are you geographically? I have been looking for you, but I just can't seem to find you." 

No, He was not asking for that at all. God is omniscient, He is All-Knowing. He knew exactly where they were geographically. But He was actually going for man's conscience. He was really asking: "Now, that you have disobeyed and sinned against Me, where are you now spiritually? In our relationship together, where are you now?"

It's a good question to ask ourselves: "Where am I in terms of my relationship with God?" Am I separated from Him or am I reconciled to Him through faith in Christ Jesus?"

My friend, where are you?