Wednesday, May 8, 2013

GOSPEL NUGGET #247

The Myth Of A "Good Chance" 

After an evangelistic meeting, a gentleman was asked this penetrating question: "Are you saved sir?" 


"No, I am not sure, but certainly, I would like to be," was his reply.

"Have you seen yourself as a lost, undone and needy sinner worthy of God's judgment?" he was queried. 

"Of course, we are all sinners. But I am not what you can call a bad sinner. I think I am a fairly good sinner. I always try to do the good I know. I have a good chance of making it the way I am,” was his confident reply. 

A "good sinner" is a contradiction of terms. It's like saying an "honest liar" or "a loving murderer" or a "respectful rapist" or "an upright criminal." God does not save good sinners, for there are none. 

Unless, you have been humbled and brought to see yourself as to who you really are in the eyes of God, you are far from being ready to be saved, you are far from trusting in the Savior ALONE for salvation. You can't help trusting in your imagined chances also based on who you are as you see yourself.