Friday, August 17, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET #158


Objections To The Gospel

#3 "But I am different, I am a such a terrible sinner! God would never save a sinner like me!"

Answer

We oftentimes think and reason from ourselves to God. Since we think that we are unworthy sinners, we reason that God could not forgive us. But God would have us think and reason from God to ourselves. From up down and not from down up.

God to us right now is a God who offers forgiveness and salvation in grace, no matter how unworthy we think ourselves to be.

It does not matter what you think about yourself in relation to God, what matters is what God thinks about you today. And we can know His thoughts about us unworthy sinners though the Bible. And the Bible says that God can forgive sinners, even those who were guilty of murdering His one and only Son.

1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, OF WHOM I AM CHIEF.

No matter how wicked a sinner you think yourself to be, worst case scenario, you only come second. Because the chief sinner, according to the apostle Paul moved by the Spirit to write His words, was he himself. Don't argue with an apostle.

1Ti 1:16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, AS A PATTERN a  to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

He is saying: "Hey, look at me! I am a pattern or a sample of a terrible sinner who got saved. If I, the chief of sinners, found salvation and forgiveness, then you can too. No one is too bad for Christ to be saved if they just come to Christ in repentance and faith."