Saturday, August 4, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET #146

GOSPEL NUGGETS

True Story

A man wrote to his fiancee: "I am writing this with assistance. I was terribly hurt in the war. I lost both my arms and now I am maimed. I love you so much and so that is why I am releasing you from your promise. I could not allow you to be part of my maimed life. I could never take care of you."

She ran to the next available train. When she found the hospital, made inquiries and got the number where he was and there she found him lying by himself with no arms. 

Hurrying to his side, she hugged him: "I will never leave and desert you. I'll take care of you." He did not resists her love. And they were married, and there was no happier couple than this one. 

In the same way, God found us spiritually maimed and helpless. He traveled the long journey from heaven to earth, died on the cross and said: "I will never desert or leave you. I will take care of you." 

If we do not resist His love, if we would trust Jesus as our Savior, we will be saved and He will take care of us all the days of our lives....till forever is no more.

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes/trusts in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.