Sunday, August 29, 2021

GOSPEL NUGGET #662

 Five Words To Hang My Eternal Destiny On

Someday, I would have to face God. He is holy and perfectly righteous, and I am a sinner. Scary thought!
But I know I can boldly face Him. I have five words with me. On these five words, I hang my eternal destiny. Five words that I am banking on, relying on, and counting on to make it. Five words that I have tucked in my heart all these years. I may forget everything else in the Bible, but I will never ever forget these. Five words that convey an eternal and divine truth for a sinner like me. Five words that represent a fact that God Himself ordained and brought to pass in reality.
I could never rely on my righteous deeds. Aside from being imperfect; they are filthy rags in the sight of God (Isaiah 64:6).
If ever, yes, if ever God should call me into account, here's what I am going to say: "Lord, I know that I am a sinner. I know that all my righteous deeds are filthy rags in Your sight. I know that my works could never save me. But (1) CHRIST (2) DIED (3) FOR (4) MY (5) SINS and I am counting on it for my salvation. On the truth of these five words, I can face You boldly, a sinner as I am."