Sunday, August 9, 2020

GOSPEL NUGGET #617

"Behold My hands..."  Lu 24:39

Behold His hands and see His compassion and redemption

* Behold and see His compassion:  

Isa 49:15 "Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you.
16 See, I HAVE INSCRIBED YOU ON THE PALMS OF MY HANDS; Your walls are continually before Me.

Those nail prints on the palms of His hands demonstrate His love and compassion for us sinners. He has regarded our helpless condition. 

* Behold and see His redemption:

 Phm 1:19 I, Paul, am writing WITH MY OWN HAND. I WILL REPAY---not to mention to you that you owe me even your own self besides.

Those nail prints on the palms of His hands guarantee that He has paid the penalty of our sins. 

* What must you do?  "Look to Me, and be saved..." Isa 45:22 

Behold His hands. Behold His compassion and redemption. Behold it in faith, trusting in what He did on the cross for you and be saved.