Wednesday, October 2, 2019

GOSPEL NUGGET #585

A popular singer in the US on her trip to Israel said the following:

I’ve never felt such a sense of spirituality or connection to God... something I’ve been missing for a few years now. Spirituality is so important to me... to be baptized in the Jordan river – the same place Jesus was baptized – I’ve never felt more renewed in my life."

She further said: "This trip has been so important for my well-being, my heart, and my soul. I'm grateful for the memories and the opportunity to be able to fill the God-sized hole in my heart. Thank you for having me, Israel."

Two things:

* First, she puts emphasis on the feelings she experienced about the whole thing. 
"I’ve never FELT such a sense of spirituality or connection to God... something I’ve been missing for a few years now" and "I’ve never FELT more renewed in my life."

Martin Luther said: "...feelings come and feelings go, and feelings are deceiving; My warrant is the Word of God, nought else is worth believing."

* Second, spirituality, connecting with God and life renewal are to be had in Christ Jesus, not in some ceremony or ritual in some location, even if the place was once trodden upon by the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Word of God, the sure and reliable standard better than any experience or feeling, says that you can only be spiritual if you have the Holy Spirit. And you can only have the Holy Spirit through faith in the Savior.

What's more, is that it also says that connection to God, being reconciled to God and being born again (resulting in a renewed life) are also obtained by trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross. You don't have to go anywhere to a special place in order to have these when the Savior and all His benefits are just a faith away. 


1Pe 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God...
2Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.