Monday, December 17, 2018

GOSPEL NUGGET #563


One of the patrons of our small laundry business is a salon which rents a space in a big department store. Almost everyday I would go there and deliver or pick up their stuff. Doing so would require me to go through a security check at their entrances. The routine involves electronic frisking and physically inspecting the contents of my bag which I carry with me where ever I go.

The bag's usual contents? Two books, a kindle device, gospel tracts and a prominent and conspicuous Bible. Almost on cue, whenever they see the Bible in my bag, they noticeably drop their guard, call off the whole inspection process and casually wave at me to just proceed and enter. This has been my experience with them and their experience with me for the nth time already. At some point, they just stopped jimmying on my bag. Now, I just enter like a boss without them being nosy with what I have with me.

Personally, I don't approve of it really. They should not trust anybody just like that. Just because a person carries a Bible does not mean that he or she is safe. On occasion, I myself would insist that they check me out.

My experience gave me a gospel nugget to write. It is a picture of salvation. You see, a sinner does not enter heaven and enjoy God's presence because of the good character he carries or the absence of some objectionable things in him. No, he or she gets an admission to God because of the Lord Jesus Christ.

When God sees the Lord Jesus in your heart as your Savior, trusting in Him and what He did on the cross for salvation, God graciously nods His head and says: "Come in!" And you can boldly enter like the Boss' child.