Friday, December 23, 2016

GOSPEL NUGGET #491

A preacher was once preaching about sin and its burden when a young man interrupted him and mockingly said: "You keep on telling us about the burden of sin! Well, how much does it weigh exactly?  80 pounds? 10 pounds? I feel none. I feel no burden at all about my sins."

The preacher replied: "If I lay a 400-pound weight on a dead man's chest, will he feel it?"

"He won't feel a thing because he's dead!" the young man replied.

"Exactly!" the preacher quipped.

My friend, how about you? Are you burdened about the spiritual crimes you have committed? Are you weighed down by guilt? Do you sense the conviction of the Holy Spirit? Don't resist His conviction anymore.

Repent take God seriously and change your attitude about sin and yourself. Take sides with God against yourself---view yourself as sinner in need of salvation and come to Christ, in faith, for salvation.