Sunday, September 25, 2016

GOSPEL NUGGETS #483

Ps 69:4 "...Though I have stolen nothing, I still must restore it."

A thief in the Old Testament, if caught, was to make restitution for what he had stolen. His 
wrong must be made right by restituting the owner (see Exodus 22:1-15).

If you think about it and reflect it to our relationship with God, far too many times, we have become thieves against God---
we stole from God so many times. How many times have we taken away the honor, the love, the worship and the obedience that rightfully belonged to Him? 

There are sins of commission and sins of omission. Sins of omission are those things that we ought to have done but did not do. Now, we must make restitution. The problem is we can’t do it. We are spiritually bankrupt. All we have are filthy rags. 


Enter the Lord Jesus Christ. Psalm 69:4 is a Messianic Psalm. A Psalm prophesying about the Lord Jesus Christ:

“Those who hate me without a cause Are more than the hairs of my head; They are mighty who would destroy me, Being my enemies wrongfully; Though I have stolen nothing, I still must restore it.”

Though we are the thieves, He was the one who made the restitution by His death on the cross of Calvary.

To be right with God, we must avail of the restitution He made on Calvary’s cross by faith in Him. Are you right with God through Christ?