Wednesday, February 24, 2016

GOSPEL NUGGET #452


Ex 15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation... 

Notice the words: “...He has become my salvation.”

It is an acknowledgment that they cannot save themselves and so “He” (the Lord) must be the source their salvation.


Sadly, many people today are saying instead: “I, me and myself have become my own salvation. I can save myself by my good works, by my being religious and by my good character.”
.

It is nothing but pride and a delusion. It’s like Israel saying: “I can defeat all of Pharaoh’s armies. I can divide the waters for me to safely pass through. I will wear my Nike shoes and just do it. I can save myself.”

No. No. No. Salvation is of the Lord. And He (through the person of the Lord Jesus Christ) must become your salvation in order for you to be saved.

Has He become your salvation by coming to Him in faith, trusting in Him and what He did on the cross alone for salvation?