Saturday, November 14, 2015

GOSPEL NUGGET #439

Jas 4:6 ..."God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."
Let's apply this verse to the issue of the sinner's salvation.
In the aspect of salvation, the proud sinner is the one who has not seen his spiritual condition before God.
In pride, he thinks that he is good enough for God to accept him and that he is fine as he is with himself. No problemo.
He looks at himself and says: "I am fine with God. I am this and I am not that. I do this and I don't do that. God will certainly accept me." God resists such a sinner and he will never be saved.
The humbled sinner is the one who sees his true condition before God by the convicting work of the Holy Spirit.
He sees himself as a sinner helpless and hopeless in himself to save himself. He owns himself a spiritual criminal and could only hope for the mercy and grace of God in Christ Jesus to be saved. Such a sinner will be given the grace of salvation.
Why? For God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.