Tuesday, September 22, 2015

GOSPEL NUGGET #430

EX 6:6 “Say, therefore, to the sons of Israel, ‘ I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from their bondage. I will also redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments.


EX 6:7 ‘Then I will take you for My people, and I will be your God; and you shall know that I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

EX 6:8 ‘I will bring you to the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and I will give it to you for a possession; I am the LORD.’ ”

Notice the 7 "I Wills" of God here. Israel was powerless and helpless to free himself from the clutches of Pharaoh. It will take God to deliver them. Their salvation was all the work of God. Repeated seven times for emphasis.

Applying this to spiritual salvation, realize that salvation is of the Lord…all of it. Salvation is not the work of man but the work of God.

Just as Israel cannot deliver himself from the bondage in Egypt, so no sinner can deliver himself from the penalty, power and presence of sin. It takes the Savior to be saved.

Are you relying and trusting on the work of the Savior on the cross for your salvation?