Tuesday, March 10, 2015

GOSPEL NUGGET #397


Ge 12:16 He treated Abram well for her sake. He had sheep, oxen, male donkeys, male and female servants, female donkeys, and camels.
Pharaoh was well-pleased with Abraham's wife---Sarah, and because of her, he treated Abraham well. He gave Abraham presents which made Abraham very rich. If not for Sarah, Abraham would have been killed by Pharaoh and his men.
A principle with regard to salvation can be gleaned about what happened to Abraham here. Just as Abraham was made rich on account of his wife Sarah, so we, sinners, can be made spiritually rich on account of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I, as a sinner, in myself am unworthy and undeserving of all God's blessings, even His salvation. I deserve nothing but condemnation and judgment. But God treated me, and is treating me, and will treat me well not because of me but because of Christ.
The very moment a sinner trusts and relies on Christ and what He did on the cross, the spiritual blessings of salvation will be given to him as a present from God on account of Christ.
God saves the sinner not because of the sinner but because of Christ!