Tuesday, September 4, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET #176

GOSPEL NUGGETS

GOSPEL NUGGETS

My Personal Resolution And Apprehension

Ever since I came to realize years ago by the conviction of the Holy Spirit that I am helpless and powerless in myself to save myself and that Christ's work on the cross was enough and sufficient for my eternal salvation, I spontaneously came up with some personal resolution and apprehension: 

1) I will never ever do good works and obey His commands WITH THE INTENTION OF SAVING MYSELF. I always watch my motives every single time I do these things. I do these things not to be saved. I do them out of the intention to please the One I love who loved me first by giving Himself for me on the cross.

I do good works and obey His commands not to be saved but because I want to please My Savior who saveD me. I willingly and gladly do them because of my love for Him. I want to please Him. It's never a burden to do these things to the One I love. It's a delight.

2) Ever since, I have always feared of putting my trust in anything and in anyone else for the salvation of my soul except on the Lord Jesus Christ. The greatest fear of my life is this---that I may cease trusting in Him ALONE for salvation, that I might trust in anyone and anything else but Him.

It is very clear in my mind: I can't do anything to save myself. Only Christ can. I realized that He is my only hope of salvation.