Tuesday, April 3, 2012

GOSPEL NUGGET # 107

"...seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." (Mat. 6:33)

Although these words were primarily addressed to the disciples of Christ, God the Holy Spirit has used the truth of these words and applied it to unsaved sinners and led them to salvation by faith in Christ.


Years ago, the great evangelist D.L. Moody was preaching and sharing the way of salvation to sinners. His text was Mat. 6:33: "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

After the meeting, a man came to Mr. Moody and told him:

"You know Mr. Moody, years ago before I left home, my mother put a Bible in my hand and made me promise to attend church every Sunday. I opened the Bible and on the front cover were these words 'seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.'

I went to a far away place and I attended church, I kept my promise and the preacher was preaching Mat. 6:33: 'seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.'

The next week I went to a different church and the preacher got up and announced his text Mat. 6:33: 'seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.' But I was filled with excuses and decided to go on with my plans to make a name for myself and be successful in business.

The third Sunday I went to a different church, and what do you think the preacher was preaching about? He was preaching Mat. 6:33: 'seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.'

And tonight I still heard from you Mat. 6:33. Do you think God can still forgive me?"

That night the man trusted Christ and was justified (declared righteous) because of what Christ did on the cross.